“A profitable business sector without climate impact” is the Haga Initiative’s vision. The Haga Initiative is a business network that strives to reduce the business sector’s carbon emissions and highlight climate issues by showing the link between ambitious climate strategies and increased profitability. The purpose of the network is to show that it is profitable for companies to conduct good business while simultaneously work actively with their climate responsibility. We believe that high climate ambitions provide great opportunities, create jobs, strengthen the Swedish welfare and make Swedish business more competitive worldwide.
The Haga Initiative’s commitment:
- CEO/top management commit to climate action
- Integrated/ambitious climate strategy
- Calculate and disclose climate impact according to the GHG Protocol
- Downward trend in carbon emissions
- Emission reduction goal of at least 40 percent by 2020
- Net zero emissions by 2030