Climate Neutral Nordics
Climate Neutral Nordics is a four-year joint project between the Nordic business networks Haga Initiative (Sweden), Skift (Norway) and CLC (Finland), financed by Nordic Council of MinistersTogether, we work to strengthen Nordic competitiveness and contribute to making the Nordic region the most sustainable and integrated region in the world.
Within Climate Neutral Nordics, we work together to:
- Mapping business ambitions and abilities
- Demonstrating the climate benefits
- Strengthening models, abilities, and innovation
- Facilitate interaction between business and politics
Pre-study with 40 Nordic CEOs
Climate Neutral Nordics was initiated in 2021, with the Haga Initiative conducting interviews with 40 CEOs of leading companies in the Nordics with an aggregated revenue of 326 billion euros, which corresponds to approximately 24 percent of the GDP in the Nordics.
The study showed that Nordic business leaders are concerned about climate change and its consequences. All CEOs see climate change as a threat and call on policymakers to accelerate climate mitigation solutions. Nordic companies can play a key role by delivering climate solutions worldwide and helping their customers and countries adapt to the 1.5°C target.
The most neccesary instruments to accelerate the climate transition, reflected by the companies are:
- Carbon pricing through taxes or emission trading schemes
- Higher climate requirements in public procurement
- Binding and transparent methodology on companies’ climate reporting
- Phasing out fossil fuel subsidies or prohibiting fossil fuels
The six workstreams within Climate Neutral Nordic are:
- Circular business models
- Skills development for a green transition
- Fossil Free Challenge
- CEOs in green transition
- Nordic innovation power
- Nordic handprint on a global market
Läs mer om de sex delområdena nedan.